[sdiy] STM32MP1

sleepy_dog at gmx.de sleepy_dog at gmx.de
Fri Feb 22 02:49:08 CET 2019

Ditto. How is any bare metal processor not "real-time"? Unless you
integrate a badly made OS into your firmware yourself, it's as real-time
as it gets. The R4F is only one of the bigger real-timey processors, as
opposed to microcontroller? Or is there a context where real-time has a
very specific meaning other than it's not impeded by a jittery scheduler?

That aside,  I find it slightly amusing that the stm32F7 or H7 or
whichever it was that has an out-of-order pipeline and considerable
instruction + data cache and lots of single-cycle float OPs that might
give the first Pentiums a run for their money, is also still considered
to be a "microcontroller" :D

I wonder how many football stadiums such a thing would fill in 1960's tech.