[sdiy] Something better than CD4066 to switch CVs?

Tom Bugs admin at bugbrand.co.uk
Tue Feb 19 18:59:04 CET 2019

Yes, DG4xxLDY is the low voltage version - DG4XXDY is the required!
(DY being SOIC version, I think)

I've used DG412 within VCOs for adding range switch and simple sync - I
mean, you have 4 sections so you've got some options to play with.
If just wishing to switch in a cap then consider the DG417/8 which are
single SPST (NO or NC) or the DG419 which is a single SPDT.

None are particularly cheap, but I like them a lot.
Oh, that reminds me - Coolaudio do the V411 (clone of DG411) - similar
to DG412 but with inverted switch behaviour.

On 19/02/2019 17:46, Tim Ressel wrote:

> I have used the DG408 and the DG406 (16 channel) switches and they
> both worked great. But be warned: there are some DG type parts out
> there that are not +/-12 or 15 volt compatible. Read the datasheet
> carefully, make sure the part can do the power range you need.
>
> --timmers
>
> On 2/19/2019 9:41 AM, Jarno Verhoeven wrote:
>>
>> Yes, DG412 is the current p/n
>>
>> There are a bunch of interesting parts in that family, I have a few
>> DG408 that I want to try some day.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Jarno.
>>

>> Op 19-Feb-19 om 18:21 schreef mark verbos:
>>> I use the DG212 all the time. Affordable, can run off of up to
>>> +/-18v, will switch from 5 volts, fast, low on resistance
>>>
>>> Mark

BugBrand LTD
UK company No. 07199808
VAT No. GB 988 2629 57