[sdiy] s-diy meetup at Synthplex?

Mike Beauchamp list at mikebeauchamp.com
Tue Feb 12 22:13:50 CET 2019

On 2/12/19 3:22 PM, MTG wrote:
> It's confusing. I'd like to go for a day and see some live music as well
> as the synth museum... it's kinda a la carte there so it adds up. But
> you do get the Seminars (not to be confused with the Workshops) and
> Exhibits for that price, though that could be first-come, first-served.
> Maybe it'll become a west-coast MoogFest. I'm just happy it's not in
> Northern California.

We could do the meet-up somewhere off-site for those that don't want to
splash out the $50 for a daypass or aren't planning to attend.

Looking at the map, there is a hackerspace within walking distance
called "Null Space Labs". Might be a nice place to visit for the SDIY
crowd. https://032.la/

I also see that there's a huge electronics surplus store that's about 1
Mile away (and pretty connected by a commuter train) that could be an
interesting field trip. https://www.apexsurplus.com/Store_Gallery.html

Mike