[sdiy] shock

Michael Zacherl sdiy-mz01 at blauwurf.info
Sun Feb 10 03:35:37 CET 2019

> On 10 Feb 2019, at 02:39, Adam Inglis <21pointy at tpg.com.au> wrote:
>

>> On 10 Feb 2019, at 4:00 AM, MTG <grant at musictechnologiesgroup.com> wrote:
>>
>> Not sure about that last suggestion. Old sage advice given to me when working with unknown voltage dangers: no rings and keep one hand in your pocket. No rings so you don't create shorts on your own (bracelets too I guess, etc). The one hand thing is to keep the shock from traveling across your chest (heart).
>
> Also, use the back of the fingers or hand when unsure - finger and wrist flexor muscles react more strongly than the extensor muscles to powerful shocks (you’ve heard of the scenario where the victim couldn’t release their grip when shocked…)

Well, for checking/testing against potential mains levels I’d take a voltage detector anyway. ;)

I’m about to become paranoid regarding static (dis)charge.
I’ve been trained to handle *MOS digital parts with care, not so much with analogue ICs etc.
Well, I did have failing modules with no plausible explanation to what happened.
So, this MOTM-440, for instance, did I kill it by carelessly handling it? (asking myself)
m. (trying to calm down)