[sdiy] Moog Voyager - No Osc Sound

MTG grant at musictechnologiesgroup.com
Sat Feb 9 19:00:02 CET 2019

Not sure about that last suggestion. Old sage advice given to me when 
working with unknown voltage dangers: no rings and keep one hand in your 
pocket. No rings so you don't create shorts on your own (bracelets too I 
guess, etc). The one hand thing is to keep the shock from traveling 
across your chest (heart).

On 2/9/2019 5:14 AM, Richie Burnett wrote:
> Ouch. Sounds like static to me, but wouldn't do any harm to buzz out the modular case to your mains supply ground just to make sure the case is earthed properly.
> 50/60 Hz mains shock feels different to a static shock, and doesn't jump to your finger with a "snap" just before you touch it.
> Static will also only bite once, not a second time if you touch the case immediately again. But obviously you have to pluck up the courage to touch again straight after being bitten! Probably not the best general safety advice though... "You've been shocked? Errm... Try touching it again!"
> Better advice: If you anticipate that you might get static shocked then approach the surface with a knuckle, (less nerve endings,) or by holding out a metal object like a key, which will take a static charge and dissipate it painlessly over a larger surface area of skin :-)
> -Richie,
> Sent from my Xperia SP on O2

More information about the Synth-diy mailing list