[sdiy] Static Charge (was: Re: Moog Voyager - No Osc Sound)

Michael Zacherl sdiy-mz01 at blauwurf.info
Sat Feb 9 15:28:59 CET 2019

> On 9 Feb 2019, at 14:14, Richie Burnett <rburnett at richieburnett.co.uk> wrote:
>
> Ouch. Sounds like static to me, but wouldn't do any harm to buzz out the modular case to your mains supply ground just to make sure the case is earthed properly.

Yes, Richie, it was static charge.
Alas the synth was unplugged from mains, well _because_ I was reaching in blindly to grab a power connector for the module I was about to insert.
Just because I know how contact to 240V mains feels. :/
So no earth connection at this time.
Then the zap went to another board inside the box.
Not ideal. :(

Michael.