[sdiy] Problems with linearized SSI2164 ?

David G Dixon dixon at mail.ubc.ca
Thu Feb 7 02:09:49 CET 2019

> That lot together is a screaming "not drop in replacement" sign!

The datasheet says (in large boldface type):

"FEATURES: Improved Direct Replacement for SSM2164/V2164"

So, the datasheet is literally screaming that it is a direct replacement.
In my book, that means a drop-in replacement.

In any case, I believe that the circuit Dan was using it in is exactly the
one given by Phillip Gallo in the datasheet, and it ain't working.  That
tells me that the ICs are defective.