[sdiy] Doepfer E510 Keyboard Scanner

Michael Zacherl sdiy-mz01 at blauwurf.info
Wed Feb 6 15:58:45 CET 2019

> On 6 Feb 2019, at 15:30, Florian Anwander <fanwander at mnet-online.de> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> A little comment from history: the E510 chip has been developed by the company "Böhm", which was well known here in Germany for kits for home organs. Böhm was quite ahead in technology.

Dr. Böhm was one of my first encounters with electronic sound generation back then.
As for the E510, they had a patent on this (as noted on the datasheet)
https://register.dpma.de/DPMAregister/pat/register?AKZ=34402896

As I just read, Döpfer’s view on this is apparently more in his favour, but, well …

Michael. (who never really grasped the notion of a ‘home organ’ though ;)