[sdiy] Moog Voyager - No Osc Sound

Michael E Caloroso mec.forumreader at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 03:22:27 CET 2019

The reason Moog opted to replace your analog board is that it did not
have IC sockets.  Early Voyagers had IC sockets on the analog board.
I have one of them and when I brought it to the Moogworks for an
upgrade they told me about that.

I'm impressed they still have replacement boards in stock.

Why was it TH and not SMT?  The Voyager was released in 2002.  Design
likely started two years before that.  Back then, SMT was not the
dominant technology that it is today.

Auto insertion for TH parts had been a reality since the 1970s.  I
grew up near the company that pioneered the auto insertion technology
(Universal Corp).

MC