[sdiy] Moog Voyager - No Osc Sound

Mike Beauchamp list at mikebeauchamp.com
Mon Feb 4 01:13:20 CET 2019

Hey everyone,

I know this really isn't a synth DIY question, but someone recently
brought me a Moog Voyager that they were having some problems with -
None of the oscillators are making noise.

I'm not really familiar with this synth, but trying to help them out. I
tested what I could... External audio input works fine, white noise
works fine, keyboard fires MIDI notes, synth receives MIDI notes. Inside
everything looks fine, no loose connectors.. which was what I was
expecting to see once I realized how packed with connectors this synth is!

Interestingly, I did hear some very faint oscillator noise at max
volume.. it wasn't responding to the pitch of the keyboard but was being
modified by the oscillator's frequency/tune knobs. It kinda sounded like
artifacts from very high frequency stuff, like the oscillators are
actually running at inaudible frequencies or something. I haven't found
any schematics online and haven't poked around with the scope.

Has anyone come across this problem? Interesting that it's all 3
oscillators.

Mike