[sdiy] Standard markings for modular I/O & CV versus Audio?

Chris McDowell declareupdate at gmail.com
Sat Dec 21 00:53:42 CET 2019

I spray paint 3.5mm hex nuts red, and use those on outputs, with the unpainted for inputs. looks neat, and makes things fairly clear. you also get the bonus of some kind of shape / personality arising from the red vs silver nuts in a group.

this IS annoying when working with contract manufacturers, but not a huge deal. I dump out a bag of nuts on a large cardboard box, then lightly coat them twice. Takes about 10 minutes of effort for 1k red nuts.

Chris McDowell
ATXLED <http://www.atxled.com/>