[sdiy] Standard markings for modular I/O & CV versus Audio?

mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca
Fri Dec 20 15:09:26 CET 2019

On Fri, 20 Dec 2019, john slee wrote:
> * no irritating knobs that change behaviour from "provide CV" when no
> corresponding input cable is connected to "attenuate input CV" when you plug

That's not really a change in the knob's behaviour.  The knob does *one*
thing, namely attenuating the input.  The fact that the input has a
default value other than zero when no cable is attached is because of how
the jack is wired, not really anything to do with the knob, and it's not
obvious to me that "default values for inputs must always be 0V" is an
intuitive or useful rule.

--
Matthew Skala
mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca                 People before tribes.