[sdiy] as3340 PW/tuning issue

ColinMuirDorward colindorward at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 19:31:31 CET 2019

Hi folks,

Was there ever a conclusive investigation of the PW/pitch interaction on
the as3340 chip? What I mean is that when you adjust the pw, you get some
detuning as well.

I've never been sure if this was a bug in my circuit or the chip itself.
Also not sure if the other 3340 versions exhibit the same behavior. I asked
someone to test on their ms101 if that issue was evident, and they said "no
detune".

I know that I'm not the only one experiencing this since alfa rpar sells a
module "for circuits where requirements on influence of PWM signal on
frequency are strict <http://www.alfarzpp.lv/eng/sc/AS3340-HYB.php> "

Any thoughts welcome.

Cheers,
Colin