[sdiy] Enveloppe follower

Jean Bender lofideadbeat at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 14:49:57 CET 2019

Hi !!

Thanks for all your replies ! And suggestions !

Answering you Ben, i often play weird drones, i mean sounds with many
different layers intermixed all togethers. Yes, it can be static, but
rhythms are also there.
Basically, i use envelope followers for processing some of my tracks,
and then their control voltages help me for animate my whole sound or
for dynamics effects...
Actually, as i said, enveloppe followers i used work, but they are not
as efficient as i would like : i understand now as we are talking
about amplitude.

Maybe as purposed here, i should build an isolator or a specific
filter at the input and then see what happens.. I gonna check that.

Best
J.

Le jeu. 5 déc. 2019 à 22:50, Ben Bradley <ben.pi.bradley at gmail.com> a écrit :

> > I mean, i play a lot of ambient and noise stuff, including sounds
> > without so much attack, even if they have some relief.
> >
> > And that's my point :  i'd like to build myself an enveloppe follower
> > able to be really subtle, and able to be effective even on droning
> > sounds...
> > So where should i take a look ? What i have to be careful of ?
>
> I still don't see what you're looking for. A drone sound is static or
> slowly changing, so the output voltage would indeed act like that,
> move up and down slowly if at all. What are you controlling with the
> envelope output voltage, and what are you WANTING it to do?

Jean Bender

Hak Lofi Record