[sdiy] Enveloppe follower

Jacob Watters jacobwatters at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 18:43:13 CET 2019

I just did one recently. I started by looking at other schematics, but
ended up designing my own. Here is a basic overview of the circuit.

1. Use a diode to only allow positive signals through.
2. Use a reversed diode to only allow negative signals through.
3. Use an inverting opamp to invert the negative signal (it will become
positive).
4. Mix the two signals together.
5. Filter the signals with an active filter (play with the caps value until
it sounds right and doesn't have the source signal coming through).
6. Use an opamp if you need to amplify the output.

*Jacob Watters*