[sdiy] vocoder filters

David G Dixon dixon at mail.ubc.ca
Sat Aug 31 06:46:18 CEST 2019

Well, I think I might have answered my own question.  Looking again at the
JH Living Vocoder, since Jurgen Haible's filter responses overlap at about
the 8dB mark, it really should not matter at all what's going on around the
skirt of the response, and higher-Q filters with two 2-pole stages should
give very similar results to low-Q filters with four 4-pole stages (and be
much much cheaper to build).

I'd still appreciate if anyone has any specific insights into this problem.
Cheers.

  _____