[sdiy] Roland's cross mod and metal sync

Adam Inglis 21pointy at tpg.com.au
Wed Aug 28 04:05:21 CEST 2019

> On 28 Aug 2019, at 4:19 AM, Tom Wiltshire <tom at electricdruid.net> wrote:
>
> I don’t understand why they took that feature away in the JX-8P, especially as it looks like the hardware can do it, but I see no mention in the user manual. Has anyone done a processor upgrade for the JX-8P yet? Tell them to put Meta Sync back in!

My understanding is that the JX3-P (and it’s immediate relatives, the MKS-30 and GR-700) was designed by a different team at Roland to the one that designed the Junos and later JXs, but I haven’t dug around for the hard data on this. Like we saw recently with their drum machine designers, it would be interesting to get the story behind these things from the designers themselves.