[sdiy] Roland's cross mod and metal sync

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Tue Aug 27 16:58:02 CEST 2019

I mentioned the other day that I was working on article about Roland’s "cross modulation” and “metal sync” and what they really are.

It turns out there are three different generations of Roland synths that each use the “Cross mod” terminology differently. Only the second generation DCO-based instruments have the Metal Sync feature. Full details here:

https://electricdruid.net/roland-cross-mod-metal-sync/

Any corrections, comments, or feedback are always appreciated. I’ve only just got this into a reasonable condition, so I don’t suppose it’s perfect just yet!

Thanks,
Tom