[sdiy] Roland Jupiter 6 / MKS-80 sync feature

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Mon Aug 26 12:28:12 CEST 2019

Hi all,

Could someone who has a Jupiter 6 answer a question for me?

I see from the panel that it has two Sync buttons, allowing sync from VCO1->VCO2 or vice versa. Can someone confirm that it’s impossible to switch them both on at once? The possibility doesn’t seem to make much sense to me, but you never know.

The same question applies to the MKS-80 (which is basically a rack Jupiter 6 with 8 voices), but the interface there makes the possibility even less likely.

I’m doing a write-up for my website on Roland’s various “Cross Mod” and “Sync”/“Metal Sync” features, so I’d like to make sure I get all my facts straight. I’ll post a link once I’ve got something readable up.

Thanks,
Tom