[sdiy] LTSpice problem: simulating Irwin/Gallo linearised 2164 VCA

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Thu Aug 22 13:59:20 CEST 2019

Hi All,

I’m having trouble simulating the Irwin/Gallo linearised 2164 VCA. The error I get is: “Analysis: Time step too small; initial timepoint: trouble with node n005”

I don’t really understand what this is trying to tell me since the .tran transient analysis command I’m using is unchanged since a previous typical 2164 VCA where it worked fine.

I can simulate other circuits using the 2164 ok, so I’m wondering if it’s something particular to that circuit, and specifically whether the feedback loop needs dealing with some how differently?

Have other people managed to sim this circuit and if so, what did you do?

Any pointers appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom