[sdiy] stereo optical microscope for assembly and repair

sleepy_dog at gmx.de sleepy_dog at gmx.de
Tue Aug 20 20:12:06 CEST 2019

Roman Sowa wrote:
> Without fumes extractor the microscope would become unusable within an
> hour. It's always on while soldering, but smetimes not all of the
> smoke goes to the proper hole.

1 hour? Wow. Either you solder a lot more contacts per minute than I can
:D or my lens is not as close to the PCB. Then again, the amount of
soldering under the scope for me is not that much, it's more inspection
for solder bridges. Only the occasional extra tricky thing actually
soldered under the scope. So far I still can see most things I use well
tnough to solder it, but I don't trust to spot small bridges or tiny
gaps where solder should be.