[sdiy] stereo optical microscope for assembly and repair

Roman Sowa modular at go2.pl
Mon Aug 19 14:25:06 CEST 2019

For years I've been using regular Bresser scientific binocular
microscope bought for about $400 or so if I remember. It has 7x to 40x
zoom which was indeed helpful and used full range a few times. Soldering
fumes poluted optics over time and cleaning is a lot of pain. So finally
I cut lens protective ring out of polycarbonate glass and it's OK now.

Tried HDMI scope for a while but latency and not the best picture
quality quickly made this idea stupid.

Now I'm using something else, but despite being outside requested $400
range, it is not mindblowing at all when compared to my old Bresser.

Roman