[sdiy] stereo optical microscope for assembly and repair

paula at synth.net paula at synth.net
Sat Aug 17 09:38:00 CEST 2019

Hi,

  I got one of these -
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006QN5T5G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

  AMScope, have to say, it's fabulous.. it's got a heavy (and I mean
heavy) base so I can put that on the back of my bench and swing the
scope round when I need it, also has a good focal distance so I can get
tweezers/pliers/soldering iron under it without discomfort. I can also
work on it with my glasses on which makes swapping from looking in the
scope to looking at schematics on screen/paper super easy.
  The LED ring light is also fab.

  I would recommend this to anyone doing surface mount in a flash

Paula