[sdiy] stereo optical microscope for assembly and repair

charlie charlie at finitemonkeys.com
Sat Aug 17 01:04:46 CEST 2019

i've had the amscope trinocular for 3 or so years , its very heavy but
never had any problems with it, if you want physical optical added a
usb 3  camera to it and its slightly laggy, you can solder with it,,
picked it up at amscopes warehouse in ca for a small discount

for cheap these are good, low latency cheep and cheerful. soldering no
issue. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JC4N8FF we use these for
teaching smd classes and such.

but my favourite one at the moment is
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32867628649.html with the stand and
lense, no lag and the autofocus makes a huge difference, i never use
my mantis anymore. can change objective/barlows and get different
ranges. and no fiddling around with eyepieces. plug it into a capture
card for pc, or a monitor/tv. also way easier to move around and less
deskspace than the amscope