[sdiy] power cables

Youssef Menebhi youssef.menebhi.79 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 04:45:57 CEST 2019

Hi everybody,

I've been building my own circuits for a little while now and have
just switched to a new power supply/connector arrangement. I use
bipolar power, plus and minus 12v.  What I've noticed, though, is that
when I use headphone cable (shielded ground) to pass power, I get a
small hum at the output. When I use even thinner gauge cable, I don't
get hum. Unfortunately, it's hard to get a hold of the ultra-thin
gauge cable.  Am I out of luck? Does anyone have any idea why this
might be happening?