[sdiy] 3.5mm panel jacks?

rsdio at audiobanshee.com rsdio at audiobanshee.com
Mon Apr 29 08:20:18 CEST 2019

Those look horrible (IMO) for panel mount because they don’t seem to have holes to hold the wires while you’re soldering.

Fortunately, most manufacturers have multiple variations of their products. I’d recommend finding the manufacturer of the jacks on that site, download the data sheets for the family of jacks, and browse around to see whether they have something that looks basically identical except with eyelets for the solder lugs. The data sheet will show you the manufacturer part number for the variation that you like, and then you can search Mouser, Digi-Key, Jameco, AdaFruit, and all the other online vendors.

Of course, that’s if you agree with me that it would be far easier to solder an entire collection of panel mount jacks if you can secure all of the wires before you start soldering. It’ll probably go much, much quicker.

Brian Willoughby
Sound Consulting