[sdiy] Patchable polyphonic synth with FM or AM transmission idea

Brian Willoughby brianw at audiobanshee.com
Sat Apr 27 05:19:36 CEST 2019

Thanks for the link.

What sort of actual latency times are we talking about?

A quick search of the internets gave me the impression that group delay can be 1 ms for even simple filters at certain frequencies. I’m curious to know more about audio filters in particular, such as the worst case group delay “latency” for any sort of practical filter that would be used in a synthesizer. Is 1 ms common? Rare? Is it small compared to what’s possible?

Brian