[sdiy] P-p-power!!!

Tim Ressel timr at circuitabbey.com
Tue Apr 16 03:07:32 CEST 2019

Yo,

I am putting together a power supply for my new 5U case. At first I just
have 7815 and 7915 regulators. But then it occurred to me: would it not
be indeed nice to have both rails fold back if one over currents? to
answer my own question, why yes, yes it would.

So now to make it work. I thought of using LM317 and LM337s and do a
cross-over thing. Use an op-amp to servo off of a virtual ground set up
with a voltage divider. I am not sure if that will do what I want. I
guess I can try it with the 'L' versions; easier to put into foldback.

I also thought of using LM723s but that gets complicated in a hurry.
More than I want.

Thoughts?

--Tim (musing aloud) Ressel

--