[sdiy] buss/rework wire

Neil Johnson neil.johnson71 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 11:19:03 CEST 2019

Hi Eric,

> Are any of you familiar with a buss/rework wire that has a thin insulation on it that is designed, to not be stripped, but melt when heat is applied to it at a joint? I saw this done on a unit that I got in, and it looks like a really neat way to do rework, but I don’t really know what to search for online.

The brand we use at work is RoadRunner wire:
http://www.roadrunnerelectronics.com/
You can get the wires in a range of colours to make tracing easy.

Note that the polyurethane coating, while designed to be solderable
through, generates some rather unpleasant fumes, so extraction is
advised.  Or as the manufacturers put it:

> ***Caution: Emits toxic vapour when soldered. Ventilate area well.

Neil
--
http://www.njohnson.co.uk