[sdiy] Voltage control of Haible’s Deboo Integrator

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Thu Apr 4 20:36:16 CEST 2019

Hi Ulfur,

You should definitely have a dig around in the archives for this topic - there have been several discussions on the theme in the past.

https://synth-diy.org/pipermail/synth-diy/

The "Polymoog resonator question” thread from last October covers some of this ground too. Also Bernie Hutchins posted links to some excellent Electronotes material on the theme:

http://electronotes.netfirms.com/EN107FilterBank.PDF
http://electronotes.netfirms.com/EN115.PDF
http://electronotes.netfirms.com/EN116.PDF

One question: if you’ve got a whole bank of filters at different frequencies, why would you want voltage-controlled *tuning*? I can see the point of voltage controlled *amounts* (which is simple - just stick a VCA after each filter, it's a glorified VC-mixer) but I don’t understand what you hope to gain from making the tuning variable. The filter bands are narrow, so they’d soon just overlap.

Tom

       Electric Druid
Synth & Stompbox DIY