[sdiy] Pole Dancing

Donald Tillman don at till.com
Tue Sep 18 19:44:33 CEST 2018

Hey folks,

Since we've been talking about filters lately...

There are several classes of active filters (state variable, gyrator, etc.), but one that's especially interesting is where you start with a passive RC filter, with poles on the real axis, and apply feedback, liberating the poles into the wonderment of the complex plane.

Here's a Javascript simulation I wrote of exactly that:

    Root Locus Demo of Real Poles with Feedback
    http://till.com/articles/poledance

Have fun with it.  Tell me what you think.  Ask questions.  Explore.

  -- Don
--
Donald Tillman, Palo Alto, California
http://www.till.com