[sdiy] OLED noise

Alex Evans alex at mediamolecule.com
Sun Sep 2 23:00:20 CEST 2018

hello! first post :)
I'm fairly new to eurorack and electronics, however I'm working on fun multi-channel dsp based thing, and have had issues with oled noise. if you want to see a bit more about what I've been making, look at my media tweets dating back to feb for a timeline of my noob journey into sdiy :) twitter.com/mmalex/media

is the oled you're using an adafruit one, or one with a built in boost converter? I had nasty noise issues from one such module, to such an extent that I gave up and designed a whole version around an old skool 32x8 LED donmatrix display. made it feel less computery, I told myself! I'd tried everything bodged onto the board - huge caps, inductors, ferrite beads, but nothing cleaned it up.  however I've since discovered this little puppy - https://www.soselectronic.com/products/electronic-assembly/ea-oleds102-6lga-291087 - which has thruhole connections (big plus for me, I hate flat flex), can be mounted on header pins so it works great for eurorack, but most importantly, can have its OLED supply from +12V, without any nasty boost converter.
I've found it easy to use, and noise (And flicker) free.
not sure if that's the answer you wanted, but hopefully useful.