[sdiy] Moog 904A VCF best type of ladder capacitors.. orange drops or any good film caps.. ??

Mike Beauchamp list at mikebeauchamp.com
Sat Oct 27 01:04:36 CEST 2018

> What do you think ?

Hey JPD,

The Orange Drop caps that I'm familiar with from tube amp work are the
polypropylene film and foil and polyester film and foil caps made by
CDE. If you're already using Vishay film caps, I'm not sure how much of
a difference you'd actually hear with the Orange Drop capacitor since
they're both film capacitors (and I'm a bit of a skeptic when it comes
to guitar capacitor woo). Easiest way to test is of course to just try it!