[sdiy] TDA2030, 2040 & 2050 discontinued.. and counterfeit parts..

Jean-Pierre Desrochers jpdesroc at oricom.ca
Thu Oct 25 01:53:39 CEST 2018

Hi everybody,

I need to replace a dead TDA2030 power amp in a small keyboard I have.

The problem is that this IC is obsolete so I ordered some from an eBay
Chinese seller..

Fortunately I had some originals in one of my parts bin to compare with

the new Chinese to come..

Then the TDA2030's were delivered.. tested them.. Hmmmm.. bad news..

The genuine STMicroelectronics delivered clean 1khz sinewave on a 8 ohms
load.

The Chinese ones showed bad crossover distortion with 3rd harmonics  with
some oscillations

on the same load. I contacted the seller for a refund.

Looking Pentawatt cases of an original and the chinese's I saw differences.

See both cases here:

http://www.arcenson.com/public/TDA20xx.jpg

eBay sellers don't always show the real part package they will deliver to
you

so I'm a bit scary to go there.

Does anybody have a good source for genuine TDA2030, 2040 and 2050 ??

Thanks.