[sdiy] BBD clock bleed

Pete Hartman pete.hartman at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 06:59:06 CEST 2018

As others have said a lot depends on which BBD we're talking about.

Most of my BBD experience is with Blacet's Time Machine.  It uses the
MN3005 which has balanced outputs, which can be trimmed to minimize the
clock bleed, and it also uses clock dependent filtering and compansion to
help reduce the noise further.  I have also played some with the Doepfer
A-188-2 which uses a tapped BBD, and that does *not* have balanced outputs,
so the bleed is harder to tame.

I looked at the Erica site as well, and honestly, I can't tell which one
you're asking about either.  Let us know/attach the schem, and I'm sure
someone will have suggestions :)

Pete