[sdiy] BBD clock bleed

Ben Bradley ben.pi.bradley at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 04:46:08 CEST 2018

I don't see a schematic attached, and Erica Synths has several modules
with BBD, and I can't figure out which one it would be or what chip it
uses.

I remember using the venerable SAD1024 chip in the early 1980s - as I
recall, its two outputs had opposite polarity clock signals but the
same audio (maybe one delayed by a cycle, not significant at audio
frequencies). These went to the two ends of a (trimmer) potentiometer,
and the wiper was the audio output. It was adjusted for the lowest
clock level.