[sdiy] Obtaining Bandpass and High-Pass Functions From A Four-Pole Low-Pass

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Mon Oct 15 15:34:49 CEST 2018

Olivier’s article covers the same responses as the Xpander filter, since the Shruthi “4 pole mission" filter was done the same way, with a 8-to-1 switch selecting resistor sets and an extra SPST switch turning the first stage of the filter on or off. With this circuit you can’t have both the input signal and the 4th pole output at once - hence no 4 pole highpass response is possible.

I can’t answer the question about whether Electronotes is the first mention of the technique. It would hardly be a surprise if it was…

Tom

       Electric Druid
Synth & Stompbox DIY