[sdiy] Polymoog resonator question

rburnett at richieburnett.co.uk rburnett at richieburnett.co.uk
Mon Oct 15 15:32:32 CEST 2018

Thanks for the suggestions re formant frequencies.  Sadly, this isn't
likely to be something I'll get chance to implement myself in the
short-term, but the information would surely be useful to others.  It
just seemed to me that tabulated formant data was the final missing
piece in the jigsaw once you have your filter bank that can dial in
whatever formants you want to impart to the sound.  The formant filter
implementation could be either an analogue filter bank or some digital
signal processing.  To my mind the latter method sounds well suited to
quickly switching the formant frequencies and bandwidths from that of
one instrument to another, or morphing, or mimicking vowels, or
whatever...

-Richie,