[sdiy] Polymoog resonator question

Ian Fritz ijfritz at comcast.net
Sun Oct 14 22:05:44 CEST 2018

Ingo --

To me, an instrument's formant response is the envelope of the spectrum
from all notes played together, ie you record a scale and analyze the
data from the whole recording. Besides, as I understand it, when you
play an instrument the different resonances are excited to a different
extent.  Refer to H. Benade "Fundamentals of musical acoustics." Or look
at Benade's famous "tacit horn", a totally unplayable instrument!
https://asa.scitation.org/doi/10.1121/1.4920765

Ian