[sdiy] Polymoog resonator question

sleepy_dog at gmx.de sleepy_dog at gmx.de
Sun Oct 14 09:16:41 CEST 2018

Tim Parkhurst:
> Just a thought: skip the voltage control, put in digipots for the
> panel controls, and make the whole thing programmable. Especially for
> use as a resonator, it would be cool to dial in several acoustic
> instrument responses and then be able to bring them up quickly. Okay,
> maybe keep voltage control of the center frequency for nifty sweep
> sounds.

Ha. That's pretty much the PCB I started a year ago, but then got
interrupted and put it on hold.
I, too, had seen/heard that one video, and thought putting in a
cheap-ish MCU and make it recall settings and maybe change settings via
MIDI, to get those different instrument sounds qickly, would be really
neat. Just that I wasn't hell-bent on replicating the Moog thing's
special reponse exactly, used 3x OTA based SVF instead, and cheap PWM
control with simple filters -> very slow control speed (with regards to
"fancy sweeps", which won't be too fancy then I guess).
Maybe some ugly winter day, I'll pick that project up again...
Or the OP is faster, let's see :D