[sdiy] Polymoog resonator question

rsdio at audiobanshee.com rsdio at audiobanshee.com
Sat Oct 13 04:20:13 CEST 2018

On Oct 8, 2018, at 6:11 PM, Adam Inglis <21pointy at tpg.com.au> wrote:
> On 9 Oct 2018, at 8:52 AM, David G Dixon <dixon at mail.ubc.ca> wrote:
>> However, the fourth I'm thinking about setting up so that it can scan over that entire range, so that it can cross over and reinforce each of the three peaks from the other resonators.
>
> On the face of it, that is the sort of interaction that could well yield unpredictably-musically-useful results, or… be totally underwhelming, depending on lots of factors I guess. (thinking here of the Pultec EQP-1A  simultaneous low end boost and cut effect).
> Certainly worth an experiment.

I don’t disagree with the idea, but the Pultec is a passive EQ where each band can literally change the response of the other band(s). In an active, buffered combination like a multichannel resonator, the results are less unpredictable. However, technical constraints aside, there might be unpredicted creative results attainable with a more flexible design architecture.

Brian Willoughby