[sdiy] PCB Panels

john slee indigoid at oldcorollas.org
Fri Oct 12 05:22:39 CEST 2018

I've recently ventured into PCB panels — after getting frustrated at Make
Noise not selling their 1U "CV bus" module separately, I decided to make my
own. I haven't ventured into legends yet, but my first prototype seems
pretty good. I just used Eagle. Had a quick discussion with Seeed Studio's
support people about how to avoid getting their manufacturing ID on the
panel silkscreen — pretty straightforward and did not affect the final
cost. IIRC the cost was around $100 for 10x 1U/42HP panel PCBs.

I quite like the NonlinearCircuits PCB panels with their ENIG legending, it
looks and feels nice, and has no risk of smearing or "jaggies" as can
happen with the silkscreen processes of lower-end fabs. Will be doing this
myself, I expect.

John