[sdiy] Polymoog resonator question

David G Dixon dixon at mail.ubc.ca
Thu Oct 11 19:50:51 CEST 2018

Thanks, Rutger!  I have built the PCB to reproduce the original three
resonators fairly closely -- same gains, same frequency ranges, but with the
option of voltage control.  I have a fourth resonator that is a copy of the
high-frequency resonator, but which will cover the entire frequency range
(60 to 7500 Hz) given the same input voltage range.  With this I can see how
overlapping peaks sound.

To test uniform gains, all I have to do is swap out a few resistors (an easy
and pleasant task with my Hakko FR-300 desoldering gun).  If it sounds good
as it is, then I may not bother.

I have installed everything except the capacitors and the connector
hardware.  I got a fairly ill on Monday night (headcold plus pancreatitis --
not a nice combo) and didn't feel like finishing it.  I also searched (in
vain) for 5.6nF caps for the low resonator, and have since changed the
design to use (the much more common) 6.8nF caps.  I will finish it tonight,
however, so I expect to be back on SDIY with a vengeance tonight and/or
tomorrow.  I don't have a Jupiter 8 to put through it, so I won't be able to
recreate Ken Elhardt's setup, but I'll make do with my Doc Sketchy synth.
Or, maybe I'll try my Hammond digital organ through it.