[sdiy] PCB Panels

Mike Beauchamp list at mikebeauchamp.com
Thu Oct 11 04:37:19 CEST 2018

On 10/10/2018 08:19 PM, Jason Nanna wrote:
> Not sure what you're trying to do graphically but since Kicad
> dimensions are 1:1 as long as export/import resolutions are identical,
> I just design to scale in inkscape and it comes out as a perfectly
> sized footprint.  I'm sure if you change the DPI setting in
> bitmap2component you should be able to rescale just by calculating the
> appropriate ratio.

Thanks Jason, Nice to know that the scale is 1:1 on the import. For
logos and graphics that aren't specific to a footprint, I'd want the
ability to resize them in the pdf software realtime.. just like I can do
with text labels.

Here's the link to the online tool that does it if anyone else finds it
useful: http://escalalibre.com/edwt/kicad_sizeConverter.php

Mike