[sdiy] PCB Panels

Olav Martin Kvern okvern at ix.netcom.com
Thu Oct 11 03:17:55 CEST 2018

Colleagues,

Sparkfun has a tutorial on importing vector art into Eagle here:

https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/importing-custom-images-into-eagle/all

Illustrator can export both SVG and DXF, and Inkscape can export SVG. Both can export as high resolution bitmap graphics, if you'd rather go that route-. I do agree with Brian about the advantages of vector artwork.

It's a long shot, but if anyone ever needs scripts for exporting InDesign paths to g-code or OpenSCAD, drop me a line. I expect I could write the same for Illustrator--the scripting object model is very similar to InDesign (just buggier and less complete).

Thanks,

Ole