[sdiy] PCB Panels

Mike Beauchamp list at mikebeauchamp.com
Thu Oct 11 01:59:48 CEST 2018

On 10/10/2018 04:19 PM, Jason Nanna wrote:
> Yes, exporting a true non-antialiased 1-bit png helps as you don’t have to rely on the threshold value in bitmap2component.  Text in particular turns out more accurately.

Thanks for the tip Jason, having used bitmap2component - I haven't been
impressed with the results at times. Is there no threshold value in
bitmap2component that can equal the results of what you're getting
though? They must used different methods..

I'm also sad to see that the KiCad 5 hasn't introduced a way to scale
graphics imported from bitmap2component as well. I believe there's a
website utility that can do it, but pretty lame that it's not
implemented in the program itself (unless I've missed it).

Mike