[sdiy] Polymoog resonator question

David G Dixon dixon at mail.ubc.ca
Tue Oct 9 00:52:09 CEST 2018

So, back on topic...

Today I made a PCB for a Polymoog resonator with voltage-controlled corner
frequencies.  I put four resonators on the board.  Three of them I am going
to stuff so that the manual range of frequencies are the same as the
original Polymoog (60 to 300 Hz, 300 to 1500 Hz, and 1500 to 7500 Hz).
However, the fourth I'm thinking about setting up so that it can scan over
that entire range, so that it can cross over and reinforce each of the three
peaks from the other resonators.  Does anyone have an opinion on this idea?
If so, I'd love to hear it.  Maybe it would be better to break the audio
range up into four ranges.  I can't decide.

Also, the 300 to 1500 Hz resonator and the fourth resonator will have their
BP outputs inverted, and these inverted outputs can be selected with SPDT
switches.  Finally, the HP/BP/LP outputs for each resonator will be routed
to DPDT On-On-On switches, so that the modes can be summed in any
combination.

I fit the whole circuit on a 4" x 4" PCB.  I think I'm going to make a panel
PCB that's the same size so I can just bolt them together at the corners,
although there will be a bunch of wires connecting the two.  I should have
this thing up and running by the time I go to bed tonight.  I'll probably
try to make a video.