[sdiy] Polymoog resonator question

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Sat Oct 6 10:47:21 CEST 2018

I’m curious to know what you’re going to do about the resonance/emphasis controls.

The frequency control is straightforward and you can directly replace the resistor with a VCA. The emphasis controls runs a variable portion of the signal to ground. I suppose this too could be done with a VCA, but it’s a bit weird, or at least an unusual arrangement. Or the circuit could be tweaked to allow some more typical arrangement. But then the purists will start having kittens.

+1 agree with Quincas. Resonanators and body-modelling filters are under-used and under-represented.