[sdiy] [OT] The Big Hack: How China Used a Tiny Chip to Infiltrate U.S. Companies

rburnett at richieburnett.co.uk rburnett at richieburnett.co.uk
Fri Oct 5 11:08:07 CEST 2018

Very concerning!  The tiny rogue chip was discovered because it was
visually observed on the modified motherboard, but if they'd
incorporated their tiny "spy silicon" into the package of another
legitimate device on the motherboard, like introducing rogue memory
chips or something into the supply chain it would presumably have been
much harder to spot!?

Or maybe they already have....  :-O

-Richie,