[sdiy] BODE Frequency Shifter

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Wed Oct 31 21:04:54 CET 2018

> On 31 Oct 2018, at 18:43, David G Dixon <dixon at mail.ubc.ca> wrote:
>
> (there weren't that many -- I find that caps are
> generally closer to their stated values than the spec would lead you to
> believe).

This is the wonder of statistics, and the bell curve generally! Most of the action is pretty close to the centre, and only a few outliers get close to the actual limits. For one-off builds, this generally means the components are better than the tolerances suggest.

Obviously, if you build ten thousand units *without* selecting parts, you’ll be glad you designed it to work within the specified parameters because there will be plenty that are right up to the limits, even if the vast majority are much better than that.

T.